NAT TYPE!!

Go down

NAT TYPE!!

Post  Melmo_Jenkins on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:17 am

mine sometimes says strict next where it was your nat type

i have had it say : your nat type is open, every now and then but then it goes back to strict

i dont really have problems finding games, but sometimes when i join a friends game session it always says can not connect to host,

anyone know if this whats wrong?
Melmo_Jenkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NAT TYPE!!

Post  GSRD3301 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:26 am

snowbong has the same issue and he explained it to me yesterday but I don't understand that shit, so best to ask him.

mine always says Open... just like I'm always open to fucking sexy bitches... YEAH. Wink
GSRD3301
Admin

View user profile http://ogzhq.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Death_Angel on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 am

One one of my playstations it says open and the other says moderate??? I wish i knew how crucial that is.
The_Death_Angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackmove on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:10 am

Nat 3 is the result of being hooked into a router without being properly setup for data transfer. essentially it is restrictive.

There are 3 ways to change your Nat type to type 2 or 1. (Nat type 2 meaning that it is properly setup without restrictions behind a router, and Nat 1 being a direct connection to the Internet).

1.) Hook the PS3 directly into the modem will result in a Nat type 1, but of course that means disconnecting everything but the ps3 and that's an unnecessary hassle.

2.) Going into the router settings and Port Forwarding the PS3's necessary ports to the Ps3's ip address.

3.) Probably the simplest (on most routers) and most effective is to go into the router and set the PS3's ip address in the DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone), essentially the router doesnt have any say from what comes and goes to the Ps3, which is good so the connection isn't hampered.

ADMIN BITCHES!!!!!!!
Jackmove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Death_Angel on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 am

Jackmove wrote:Nat 3 is the result of being hooked into a router without being properly setup for data transfer. essentially it is restrictive.

There are 3 ways to change your Nat type to type 2 or 1. (Nat type 2 meaning that it is properly setup without restrictions behind a router, and Nat 1 being a direct connection to the Internet).

1.) Hook the PS3 directly into the modem will result in a Nat type 1, but of course that means disconnecting everything but the ps3 and that's an unnecessary hassle.

2.) Going into the router settings and Port Forwarding the PS3's necessary ports to the Ps3's ip address.

3.) Probably the simplest (on most routers) and most effective is to go into the router and set the PS3's ip address in the DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone), essentially the router doesnt have any say from what comes and goes to the Ps3, which is good so the connection isn't hampered.

Who do u think you are? Making up bullshit like that lol. What r u an IT bloke?
The_Death_Angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down